Emeraude Classic Cruise 2 days 1 night
The History of the Emeraude Cruise
|In 1910 a paddle steamer called the Emeraude was offering unforgettable cruises in Halong Bay for visitors to what was then French Indochina. The Emeraude was part of a flotilla owned by the Roque family who had left Bordeaux in 1858 in search of adventure and fortune. Over a period of more than 50 years they found both.|
Today the Emeraude offers a regular cruise service on board a luxurious replica steamer with 38 cabins meticulously designed to evoke the nostalgic charm of colonial Indochina.
About the Emeraude Cruise
Each bespoke cabin exudes warmth and character with high standards of workmanship, distinguished style and impeccable service. With its polished wooden floors and brass fixtures and fittings the Emeraude’s rooms offer timeless elegance.
Restaurant and Bars
The Emeraude’s restaurant offers delicious, freshly caught local seafood and other specialties. While enjoying breathtaking views of the bay, passengers can enjoy the simple and honest flavors of traditional fare.
From the sun deck, passengers can enjoy a soothing foot massage while sipping a refreshing cocktail and gazing at the rock formations reflected in the crystal clear water of the bay. The Emeraude’s huge paddle wheel opens to reveal a swimming deck offering passengers the opportunity to swim in the calm waters of the bay surrounded by the majestic scenery. At dawn, that most magical time as the sun rises, the soft and graceful movements of a tai chi class on the deck complement the atmospheric silence of the bay.
Day 1: Halong Arrival - Overnight Cruise (Lunch/Dinner)08:30 Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi, travel by road to Halong Public Port. (approx 3.5 hours) where you will be welcomed by the Emeraude staff and board the shuttle boat for a short transfer (approx. 20 minutes) to the Emeraude
Enjoy a welcome cocktail and check in on board the Emeraude
12:30 - 14:00 Cruise start and Buffet Lunch in the Restaurant
14.30 -16.00 Surprise Cave visit (60 minute walk)
16:00 - 17:00 Cruise along the Bay and Anchorage for the night
17:00 - 18:00 Swimming/ Kayaking and/or Wellness Program
18:00 - 18:30 Vietnamese Fresh Spring Roll Demonstration on the Sun Deck
18:30 - 19:30 Complimentary Pre-Dinner Canapes on Sun Deck 19:00 - 21:00 Buffet Dinner in the Restaurant 20:30 - 23:00 Viewing the Award Winning Movie Indochine on the Sun Deck
Day 2: Halong Sunrise Cruise - Departure (Breakfast)06:00 - 07:00 Complimentary Tea & Coffee on the Sun Deck for early risers
06:30 - 07:00 Tai Chi Exercise on the Sun Deck and Continuation of Cruise
07:00 - 08:30 Breakfast Buffet in the Restaurant
08:30 - 09:00 Check-out & Luggage Collection
09:30 - 10:00 Disembarkation via Emeraude Cafe 10:30 - Depart by bus for return to Hanoi
Services Available on board
- two bars
- light entertainment
- guided excursion to Sungsot grotto
- Tai Chi class
- free use of snorkeling equipment
• The cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change with or without prior notice.
• The following details are required at least one week prior to cruise for advance registration:
full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and dates permitted to stay in Vietnam.
A valid passport is required upon check in on board.
• Insurance is not included. Clients are recommended to take their own insurance before departure.
• Credit cards accepted on board: Amex, Visa and MasterCard.
• Free of Charge for child < 5 years sharing fully-paid cabin, limited to one child per cabin only
Includes:- Shuttle Bus: Hanoi - Halong - Hanoi
- Welcome cocktail
- Entrance fee to Halong Bay
- Cruise through Halong Bay
- Accommodation in luxury air-conditioned en-suite cabin
- Tax and service charges
- Vietnamese buffet lunch and dinner and European breakfast buffet
- Two way transfers between Halong Public Port and the Emeraude
- Foreign management and multilingual crew an service staff
Excludes:- All airfares and Visa arrangements
- Personal expenses (drinks, extra services and tips)
Price: 205 USD/pax (Base on Twin/Double shared cabin)
Single Supplement: 105 USD
Child from 6 to 11 years old: 95 USD sharing fully-paid cabin, limited to one child per cabin only. Download Free Brochure (PDF)