Saigon - Mekong delta tour 2 days 1 night
Saigon - My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho - Saigon
The Mekong delta is the southernmost region of Vietnam. It is often referred to as the rice bowl of Vietnam as it produces three harvests per year. The fertile Mekong delta is also famous for its tropical fruits and flowers. The Delta area marks the end of a 4,500km journey made by the Mekong River after having traveled through six countries. Traditional transportation in the Delta is by boat along a vast network of canals and channels. Boating along these canals and visiting the floating markets in our Mekong delta 2 days tour always proves to be a fascinating and rewarding experience for all visitors...
Within this Mekong delta tour, you can not only taste a charming cup of unsophisticated honey tea in a bee farm, enjoying the fresh air along the canals and wonderful water coconut tree landscape, but you also visit traditional handicraft villages , tropical fruits gardens and enjoy the typical folk music in Southern Vietnam. Additionally, you will have a great chance to visit Cai Rang floating market, one of the biggest floating market in the area.
Day 1: Saigon - My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho (Mekong delta)(L)- 7:30am - 7:40am, pick up at your hotel, then travel by bus to My Tho – 9:30 AM, board a wooden motor boat to Unicorn Island. On this boat along the river’s bank, you’ll be passing through natural creeks, quiet villages and watch rural people going to work. You will see an interesting fishermen's port, stilt houses (half on land, half on water). One of the boat’s stops during this trip is at a large orchard that has many different types of tasty tropical fruits for your enjoyments.
- Another boat stop is for the Turtle Island 1 hr from the previous one. Here, on a small row boat, you’ll see interesting transportation modes that local people use to move around. From there, we’ll take you to a bee farm where you have a chance to taste a tasteful cup of authentic honey tea while checking out the folk music that is typical to only the people in Southern Vietnam. After that we’ll take you to a village where you can smell the flavor of coconut candies being made many yards away. This is a great chance to witness how village people make candy and handcrafted items from coconuts. You might learn that those people can amazingly make dozens of useful products out of coconut trees.
As your journey ends, you will return to My Tho by motorized boat and then travel to Can Tho. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 2: Can Tho - Cai Rang - Saigon (B,L)After breakfast at your hotel, take the boat trip to Cai Rang Floating market, the most unique market in Vietnam, see people with goods sales from boat to boat, more visit to local gardens, taste the Coconut Milk, fresh fruits.
Landing on the local people village to visit rice noodles and rice papers workshops of local people. After lunch at the local restaurant, transfer back to Saigon.
Includes :- Transportation
- Meals as indicated in the program (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
- 1 night at 3-star hotel (Twin or Double share)
- Boat trip in Mekong delta
- English speaking tour guide
- Sightseeing tickets
- 1 bottle of water/person/day
Excludes :- Personal expenses
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
Price: Private tour
|Group size(person)||2||3||4||5||6 upper|
Mekong delta one day
Unique Saigon - Mekong delta 2 days (Cai Be - Tan Phong island)
Mekong delta 3 days
Saigon - Mekong delta - Phu Quoc island 5 days
Saigon - Mekong delta 2 days, homestay (My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho)
Saigon - Mekong delta - Phnom Penh 3 days