Saigon - Mekong delta
2 days/1 night homestay at a Riverside Cottage in Cai Rang district
In this Saigon Mekong delta homestay tour 2 days 1 night, you will travel by boat along the canals of the Mekong river and visit the floating markets. Additionally, you will have a chance to experience the rural lifestyle of the Mekong delta people and join in a family when they prepare dinner and share the meal with them. All these activities always prove to be a fascinating and rewarding experience for all visitors...
Day 1: Saigon - My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho, homestay (L,D)- 7:30am - 7:40am, pick up at your hotel, then travel by bus to My Tho – 9:30 AM, board a wooden motor boat to Unicorn Island. On this boat along the river’s bank, you’ll be passing through natural creeks, quiet villages and watch rural people going to work. You will see an interesting fishermen's port, stilt houses (half on land, half on water). One of the boat’s stops during this trip is at a large orchard that has many different types of tasty tropical fruits for your enjoyments.
- Another boat stop is for the Turtle Island 1 hr from the previous one. Here, on a small row boat, you’ll see interesting transportation modes that local people use to move around. From there, we’ll take you to a bee farm where you have a chance to taste a tasteful cup of authentic honey tea while checking out the folk music that is typical to only the people in Southern Vietnam. After that we’ll take you to a village where you can smell the flavor of coconut candies being made many yards away. This is a great chance to witness how village people make candy and handcrafted items from coconuts. You might learn that those people can amazingly make dozens of useful products out of coconut trees.
As your journey ends, you will return to My Tho by motorized boat and then travel to Can Tho. When arrive in Can Tho, transfer by motor boat to a small village in Cai Rang district. Check into your riverside cottage. In the afternoon, go cycling or walking around the village to experience the rural lifestyle of the Mekong Delta people. Join a family as they prepare dinner, then share the meal with them. Overnight in your riverside cottage.
Day 2: Can Tho - Cai Rang - Saigon (B,L)After breakfast, take the boat trip to Cai Rang Floating market, the most unique market in Vietnam, see people with goods sales from boat to boat, more visit to local gardens, taste the Coconut Milk, fresh fruits.
Landing on the local people village to visit rice noodles and rice papers workshops of local people. After lunch at the local restaurant, transfer back to Saigon.
Includes :- Transportation
- Meals as indicated in the program (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
- 1 night at a riverside cottage
- Boat trip in Mekong delta
- English speaking tour guide
- Sightseeing tickets
- 1 bottle of water/person/day
Excludes :- Personal expenses
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
Price: Private tour
|Group size(person)||2||3||4||5||6 upper|
Mekong delta one day
Unique Saigon - Mekong delta 2 days (Cai Be - Tan Phong island)
Mekong delta 3 days
Saigon - Mekong delta - Phu Quoc island 5 days
Saigon - Mekong delta 2 days (My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho)
Saigon - Mekong delta - Phnom Penh 3 days